“Exhibition” is my New Normal project that explores the relationship between people and disasters by using a 33-second video. This is my first attempt that combines real videos with illustrations using After Effect. My initial inspiration was from people‘s reactions for the COVID-19, but in daily life I found people show completely different attitudes like indifference to those disasters that do not directly affect them.  Maybe, this pandemic is a warning from nature, people need to rethink what role they play in nature and then to make a change. This gave me an idea to explore the relationship between people and disasters. So, I chose disaster as my main creative element and used strong negative audiovisual language. By this, I want to inspire audiences to change their attitude and re-forming respect and awe of nature and disasters.  I think my ideas have been influenced by my undergraduate major-Drama&Film Art Design. It inspired me to explore new possibilities of the figure in the moving image. And now I am studying illustration, I want to use abstract illustration images to replace the role of the figure, and then to innovate a new artistic expression. 

Exhibition

“Exhibition” is my New Normal project that explores the relationship between people and disasters by using a 33-second video that combines 2 different digital visual materials.