This work attempts to explore the relationship between anti-intellectualist behavior and its causes. In general, anti-intellectualism is a rejection of knowledge and a suspicion of intellectuals, and a belief that literature, art, and science are unrealistic. During the new normal, some behaviors that are common values are regarded as anti-intellectualism, such as the resistance to wearing masks and resisting isolation. Indeed, the irony when blaming these anti-intellectualist group on the Internet made me think about the deep reasons behind this anti-intellectual behavior. In my collage work, I extracted elements that represent current behaviors, like masks, disinfectants, Trump, etc. and combined them into a positive picture. This work expresses my new understanding of anti-intellectualist group, and my attempts to try to make people aware of the other side of the discussion and to think about it more critically.

Catch the mask