This is a multi-disciplinary art work ‘Identity’, which focuses on bodies and objects. The work is noted for being repetitive and often comprised images. Its approach incorporating sculptural and 2D work through diverse materials such as photography and sculpture. These works are utilising photography to create composite objects through the process of overlapping images. I was inspired by Donald Trump, who is the American president; everyone may be familiar with this character. I was also inspired by some strangers in 1960’s photos, which triggering my curiosity about their identity. I responded to differences of identity in society, that was the relationship between self and world. I want to find out the essence of identity and the meaning of our existence. I painted self-portrait by using acrylic paint and then I combined some images of Trump over the painting. This allowed me to change the composition. I communicate about my nervousness during lockdown. My work has been particularly informed by Urs Fischer. I found out his works across sculpture, photography, drawing, painting and publishing. His subversive approach to art is often considered to be influenced by anti-art movements. The use of materials overlapping images influenced my choice of overlapping images.

Identity of one bread

propylene on canvas and images

Identity of one blanket

printing

Identity of one blanket

printing