The impact of the epidemic on us has been mixed, our experience in this time of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought us some negative memories but also some positive memories. Therefore, there is a question: How do people deal with their good and bad memories? For instance, people would prefer to use an “ass tattoo” as a special form to remember their memories, but some are bad memories and some are unforgettably good memories. If you are an artist, which special artforms would you choose to express the feeling about our new normal? Which part of the memories would you think are the important ones? This project was experienced in three different evolutionary processes. From the performance art form to the body artwork and finally, becoming an installation artwork. This is because I am always dissatisfied with a half project that I had finished, and I needed to find another direction to continue my New Normal project. In stage one of the process, you can see me holding a yellow cardboard and stood in different ruined corners in this group of photos. In looking at them, you will feel Hippish and sad, and on a piece of yellow cardboard, I wrote “remember me” on it. “Me” refers to the COVID-19 pandemic. This was the first art form that I chose to remember my memories of our New Normal. The second art form that I chose to express my feeling and remember my memories is a body art form. I drew some positive patterns that symbolize people’s hopes and wishes on someone’s ass to simulate an ass tattoo. In regards to my good memories of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the second artform that I chose to remember my memories. Different artists would choose different art forms to express themselves. For example, Christian Boltanski uses those “boxes” as one of the materials to create some installation artworks which tackle the problems of death and memory. You can see in my final artworks of this project, there are 15 boxes made from newspaper, and some images were stuck on the top of their surfaces.

Memories boxes

Installation art form is the final one that I use to remember my memories.

Memories boxes

Memories boxes

Memories boxes

Remember me

Performance art form is the first art form that I use to remember our new normal.

Remember me

Remember me

"Ass Tattoo"

Body art form is the second one that I use to remember my memories.

"Ass Tattoo"

"Ass Tattoo"