I tried to use watercolor as a material for painting in the New Normal project. For me, this is a completely new field. Since I am a student who is majoring in interior and spacial design, I am not so good at this material. But I have a strong interest in this field, which is also my motivation for studying about it. I mainly want to express my feelings that what I feel in New Normal, and I want to share that in 2d form with the audience. During the period of novel coronavirus, in addition to wearing masks has become a daily routine, there is another point that many things are forced to be done online. One time when I was taking a nap, I woke up to find that my charger cable and earphone cable were wrapped around my wrist and neck. This makes me feel like I am trapped into the Internet, because I don't usually put too many electronic products by my side. Therefore, the feature of Internet has become a point that I want to describe. The colorful lines surrounding the characters in the work represent these. I have used many elements of Chinese traditional culture, such as phoenix and lotus which represent rebirth, and red which represents hope. I chose the elements of Chinese traditional culture because I want more audiences to see the beauty and charm of this culture. I will try more possibilities in the next works. Finally, I want to emphasize that the most important point of this work is that even during the epidemic period, we still have to maintain a positive mood and be full of hope for life. Do you feel about it?

Sketchbook

Sketchbook