Being gay and born into a stereotypical family can be a difficult experience which can impact your life fundamentally. After my dad was taken away by esophageal cancer at the end of 2019, the sudden loss of the male figure in a family left me and my mum at a complete loss what to do. The one and only man, head of a family, a breadwinner, a man so distant but so depended upon, a man i supposed to be come in the future, a man I called farther, now gone with his unfulfilled promises.There is no doubt the patriarchal male figure is the central to problem of the traditional family system, thus I began to rethink the definition of father as powerful male, the masculinity he represents, the patriarchal society we live in, and also as a homosexual how this male stereotype has affected my growth and blocked me from becoming who I really am. Facing difficulties in this straight society we live in, toxic behavior still threatens society from time to time. What the world has gone through in this pandemic has made me believe more that making the world a better place requires us to show more empathy and love, to me that is also what fashion supposed to bring out from us. By making “weapons” fun and thought-provoking, I use phallic metaphors to create irony on the admiration of toxic-masculinity in male stereotyping. They are designed to be high-end products, well fabricated, and interact with the audience with its function.

Slingshot

*general view

Slingshot

*back

Slingshot

*disassemble

Swatter

*front

Swatter

*back

Pistol

Bow

Bow

*draw a bow