For my final project of year 1, I was set the play 'Cabaret'. We were able to collaborate with costume for this project which was a lot of fun but also makes you think how to make sure both elements flow together. I focused on the character 'Fraulein Kost', a lady of the night. My project group and I took a modern day Texas, drag inspired, take on the play. This can be seen with the exaggerated wig and wig cage I created, along with the elaborate face makeup.

Wig cage

Here, I have completed my wig cage for the look.

Wig Process.

Here, I am about to start sewing the last parts of hair onto the cage.

Wig Process

Here I am hand knotting the side burns and then the front parting above the fringe.

Wig Process.

Finished wig on the block.

Practice realisation.

Here I have created my practice realisation for my modern, drag take on 'Cabaret'.

Practice realisation.

Here I have created my practice realisation for my modern, drag take on 'Cabaret'. Side view.

Practice realisation.

Here I have created my practice realisation for my modern, drag take on 'Cabaret'. Back view.

Final realisation with costume.

This is the result of the finished and complete 'Fraulein Kost' character. Costume: Morgan Avery-Chisnell.

Final realisation with costume.

Final realisation with costume.

Final realisation- makeup.

This is the day of my final realisation for my project, complete with finished wig and makeup. I was so happy overall with this look, especially with the wig which was the best I had made so far and I could tell that my wig making skills had developed well. I enjoyed creating the makeup which was intricate as I had taken inspiration from modern American drag queens.

Feedback