A compilation of photos from 2016 to present of my FX skills. These photos are from a short course I went on at LCF in September- November 2016 and from home projects, 2016 to present.

Skin Conditions Makeup, 2016.

I created this look in class on my short course. The bumpy texture on the cheeks is made from rice-crispies as is the wart on the nose. Layers of latex is used for the cold sore on the lip.

Skin Conditions Makeup, 2016.

Front view of makeup.

Skin Conditions Makeup, 2016.

Close up skin texture.

Skin Conditions Makeup, 2016.

Close up of skin texture and cold sore.

First bald cap application and paint, 2016.

My first attempt at applying and painting a bald cap.

Second attempt at applying and painting a bald cap, 2016.

My second attempt came out far better than the first as I got the hang of the blending creating the ear holes. I also added a lot more colour and flicking to the cap.

Close-up of bald cap. This type of application could be ideal for film and TV work.

Frozen Makeup Look, 2016.

Another creation from my short course. I painted the face lightly with cool colours and then added crushed glacier mints for the ice effects.

Frozen Makeup Look, 2016.

Close up of frozen look.

Drug addict Makeup, 2016.

I created this look at home on my model. I tried to create a drug (meth) addict look using liquid latex and grease paints.

Drug addict Makeup, 2016.

Close up of the look. Here you can see the ulcer I made on the corner of the mouth using liquid latex. I stippled the latex a few times and then used a spatula to create a.pocket and puff it out.

Stone Effect Makeup, 2017.

This was a relatively simple makeup to create. I used a clay face mask all over the face and head, let it set and then flicked paint al over.

Plastic surgery Makeup, 2017.

An over the top, cartoon style makeup using scar wax for the cuts all over the face, filling with fake fresh blood.

Plastic surgery Makeup, 2017.

Another look at the makeup.

Frost Bite Makeup, 2018.

A realistic frost bite makeup using liquid latex, alcohol and grease paints and crushed glacier mints.

Frost Bite Makeup, 2018.

Another look at the makeup. Here is a better view of the frost bitten hand.

'Mary Shaw' Halloween, makeup, 2018.

I was inspired by the character 'Mary Shaw' from the film 'Dead Silence'. I used old age stipple effects all over the face and made holes in the latex for the open wounds. I filled in the wounds and painted the face using alcohol and grease paints. I finished the look by editing the eyes.

'Mary Shaw' Halloween, makeup, 2018.

Another look at the 'Mary Shaw' makeup.

Feedback

If you are having problems logging in, please include your email address.