Within our course we are introduced to breaking down and distressing garments to create weathered looks. During the class I created this distressed shirt inspired by the coast. I utilised materials such as puff binder, spray paint, dnya flow and a heat gun to alter the texture of the garment.

Distressed Shirt

The shirt during class.

Distressed Shirt

I applied mud along the collar and then applied puff binder, activating it with a heat gun to create texture along the collar to recreate mould.

Distressed Shirt

Along one sleeve I torn of the end and added dust, mud and spray painted the fabric.

Distressed Shirt

Along the other shoulder I used spray paint, dnya flow and dust to create depth.

Distressed Shirt

Underneath the puff binder on the front of the collar I used acrylic paint to contrast against the white of the binder.

Distressed Shirt

Along the back of the collar I kept the puff binder white and applied it with a sponge to create variety.

Distressed Shirt

Along the back I used spray paint and attempted to create creases by scrunching the shirt.

Distressed Shirt

Along the front I used mud, ink, acrylic paint but applied it with sponges and my fingers to make it appear more natural.

Distressed Shirt

Along the buttons I used mud and along one side of the hem I combined methylated spirit and dnya flow to dull the surface.

Distressed Shirt

Whilst for most of the shirt I used a sponge and a paint brush, I tried to recreate mud splatters along the sleeves by flicking the brush.

Distressed Shirt

On the torn sleeve hem, I rolled it up and dipped it into a cup of water diluted with dyna flow.

Distressed Shirt

On the side of the shirt I tried to re-create a sweat stain using water and mud, diluting it heavily so it would spread across the fabric.

To report inappropriate content, an infringement of copyright, or any other abuse on the Portfolio platform, please contact the

Feedback

Thank you, your feedback has been received.