This costume was inspired by 'Belle' from the film 'Beauty and the Beast' (1992) from Walt Disney Studios. I used more cream colours and tones, wearing it from October MCM Comic-Con in 2018. The photographs were taken by my colleague Hannah Artega.

Belle - October MCM Comic-Con 2018

The dress, apron, petticoat and hair bow were created by myself and the shirt was sourced. Overall, I wanted a more rustic appearance for the design, more creams and a lighter blue than the character has originally.

Belle - October MCM Comic-Con 2018

I added gathers along the edge fo the petticoat to give the skirt more volume and to add detail when the skirt was pulled up.

Belle - October MCM Comic-Con 2018

The dress was all one piece, joined at the waist with a zipper in the back of the dress.

Belle - October MCM Comic-Con 2018

The hair and the makeup were done by myself, I put my hair into a ponytail and then twisted hair into it.

Belle - October MCM Comic-Con 2018

To help the apron fit better I added two small pleats on either side so it would curve round the body.

Belle - October MCM Comic-Con 2018

The skirt was gathered at the top before I attached it to the bodice to give it shape when worn.

Belle - October MCM Comic-Con 2018

The hairbow was created from leftover pieces of material from my pattern cutting, I cut a stripe and gathered it to create the shape. Then I added a small piece on top to hide the stitched and added a clip to be able to put it into the hair.

Feedback

If you are having problems logging in, please include your email address.