This is a peice of digital illustration (210, 299mm) made in Procreate and Photoshop. I was greatly inspired by forest fire and coral bleaching based on my curiosity and affection to them. Besides, modern cities were also a source of inspiration for me. My emotion for them is like a sense of ‘guilty pleasure’ as I enjoy amenities of cities but I am mindful of their negative influences on nature. Through this work, I want to counter the human attitude of neglecting nature as life gets better. People should notice that underneath the false surface of the beauty of our living circumstances, the natural environment has become more serious than we can conceive. Some concepts and ideas were inspired by several artists’ installations, for example, Olafur Eliasson, Es Devlin, Ernesto Neto and Maya Lin.

What is Really Beautiful

This is a piece of digital illustration (210, 299cm) made in Procreate and Photoshop. I was greatly inspired by forest fire and coral bleaching based on my curiosity and affection to them. Besides, modern cities were also a source of inspiration for me. My emotion for them is like a sense of ‘guilty pleasure’ as I enjoy amenities of cities but I am mindful of their negative influences on nature. Through this work, I want to counter the human attitude of neglecting nature as life gets better. People should notice that underneath the false surface of the beauty of our living circumstances, the natural environment has become more serious than we can conceive. Some concepts and ideas were inspired by several artists’ installations, for example, Olafur Eliasson, Es Devlin, Ernesto Neto and Maya Lin.