These the final designs for my characters during my second year of university in the BA (Hons) Costume for Performance course on the text 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' by Patrick Süskind. I have chosen to design for the characters Pélissier, Baldini and Chénier Giuseppe.

Period and Contemporary Menswear - Final Design - Pélissier

These are images of my final design for the creation of a character, Pelissier, during my second year of university in the BA (Hons) Costume for Performance course on the text 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' by Patrick Süskind. I was inspired by the exotic nature of the character within the text, taking inspiration from peacocks and jasmine flowers to create an eye-catching design.

These are images of my technical drawings for the creation of a character, Pelissier, during my second year of university in the BA (Hons) Costume for Performance course on the text 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' by Patrick Süskind.

Period and Contemporary Menswear - Final Design - Baldini

These are images of my final design for the creation of a character, Baldini, during my second year of university in the BA (Hons) Costume for Performance course on the text 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' by Patrick Süskind. I took inspiration for the fabric of Badlini's costume from the work of William Morris's wall paper designs. The muted colour schemes and elegant shapes reflect the character's refined dress. The costume would be distressed with stained and tears to reflect the characters fall from grace.

These are images of my technical drawings for the creation of a character, Baldini, during my second year of university in the BA (Hons) Costume for Performance course on the text 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' by Patrick Süskind.

Period and Contemporary Menswear - Final Design - Chénier

These are images of my final design for the creation of a character, Chénier, during my second year of university in the BA (Hons) Costume for Performance course on the text 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' by Patrick Süskind. For Chénier''s, his costumes would be in a similar state to his master's, Baldini, it would be dusty and stained from years of use. The purple and brown was inspired by rusting metals and the colours of the shop that he worked in as Baldini’s assistant.

These are images of my technical drawings for the creation of a character, Chénier, during my second year of university in the BA (Hons) Costume for Performance course on the text 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' by Patrick Süskind.

Feedback