My original intention was to express a universal social phenomenon, that is, people will be affected by the evaluation of others to produce a feeling of being bound. The character I created is a girl who cares a lot about the opinions and comments of others. These external evaluations made her afraid to do what she wanted to do and restricted her behavior. Her dress and behavior are influenced by these external evaluations. She is envious of those who can be brave enough to ignore the opinions of others. She wants to be herself. She wants and tries to change the past. But her environment makes it difficult for her to make a change. I want to use my work to reflect this feeling of restraint and limitation. What I want to show is just a state of bondage, instead of breaking the bondage. Because as I mentioned before, many people want to change the status quo, but it is difficult to achieve. My work is a neck piece that can cover half of the face. I use the folds to create the feeling of being tied. Because it is worn on the neck, this can create a feeling of being choked on the throat, covering half of the face reflects hiding.

Feedback