The brief was to create five A5 postcards to promote five of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development. The exercise was to pay particular attention to typography, classification and hierarchy. I designed six postcards. Each uses a different typeface to reflect the diverse goals, with an emphasis on a particular symbol which is also echoed on the back. The cards are printed on 270gsm card and duplexed onto grey board - a material made from recycled paper to reflect the motive of the goals. The result is a pretty sturdy object, something to keep or display. The white detail is slightly raised. I created individual polymer plates for each icon, which was then letterpressed in white onto the cards. These were then powdered and therm-set to give a slightly raised effect.
05. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
12. Promote well-being for all at all ages.
01. End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts...
Halt biodiversity loss
15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems...
17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership...
To report inappropriate content, an infringement of copyright, or to report a problem on the Portfolio platform, please contact the Digital Team
Thank you, your feedback has been received.