In my ‘new normal’ project work, I drew three illustrations with different themes, focusing on the special state of people during the epidemic period, the corner of the masks and the market scene after the epidemic. The inspiration all from my real life, but I also interviewed some people and did some research. I know my work really colorful because I want to use rich colors to express that even the epidemic still exists nowadays, people are as usual to keep optimistic and actively continue to live. The three works are drawn in two different ways, two of them are the combination with hand drawing and electronic painting. They are painting on paper firstly with background color and taking pictures with a mobile phone then uploading them to Photoshop finally combined with electronic painting to draw completely. Only one of them is only using electronic painting. The materials i used in the hand-painted part are charcoal, color lead, watercolor and colored chalk...

1.The cage

During an epidemic, each of us just like a bird in a cage, yearns for freedom but the only thing we can do is to stay at home and isolate ourselves.

2. The corner of the mask

A new corner found in grandma's house.

3. Street vending

Even the epidemic still exists nowadays, people are as usual to keep optimistic and actively continue to live.

hand drawing process

sketch

Hand drawing process

Part of the work