Real Life Yuze Geng 21/09/2020 The creative motivation of my work stems from the virus protection measures and lifestyle we have done during the new normal period. Things Like masks, disinfectants and electronic devices. These things have become our necessities everywhere, so I started to develop my theme from these protective products. During the research, I thought that the principle of anti-virus soldier’s equipment is like my equipment, and the anti-virus soldier has been fighting the virus. So, I thought that this is the real life of us who have been fighting the virus, not just wearing a mask on the surface. I decided to draw a scene where people are fighting against the virus. But I think it is appropriate to use protective equipment to represent us against viruses, because without this protective equipment we cannot fight against viruses. So I found many pictures of protective equipment and designed it as a weapon to fight the virus. In terms of viruses, I also designed a special look. I think that viruses will take people’s lives and are very contagious, so I designed the role of viruses based on the gods of death and strangely shaped and poisonous bugs. I decided to use digital painting to complete the work, because digital painting work best. In the coloring stage, I tried many methods such as silhouette, gradient and flat painting. In the end, I chose a silhouette because it can better highlight the characters. I use the whole picture of the earth as the background because this time the virus is globalized, and at the same time, I want to express that the world is fighting the virus together and working hard to eliminate it.

Real Life

Real life

Warrior

Virus

Virus

Warrior