I named my art work "one-off" because I wanted to express the irony during this period of the coronavirus. During the period of the epidemic, time is like a disposable item. Every day is a new day, but every day is the same repetition. I am numb to this repetitive time, just like our feeling for disposable items. In faceing a new object, we should have a lot of emotions in it. This "new" object will make us Feeling happy, excited or shocked. However, in this period, I faced the mood every day as if I opened a new disposable package. I don't have any emotional feelings, and time makes me feel numb . When nobody can't go out and can only stay at home to avoid the arrival of the coronavirus, I feel the slience of the whole city. I don't like this kind of quiet, because it makes me feel scared. During the period of the coronavirus, time seemed to be suspended, because it seemed to repeat my day’s behavior. At that time, I was like a non-existent object, more like an ornament in the room. Time is just an infinitely repeated process for me. Because my daily behavior trajectory has not changed at all. And the mechanized life trajectory makes me unable to find the trace of my existence. As if that time was swallowed by the coronavirus, it was a long day, because the traces of a month's actions are the same as the traces of a day's actions. During this time, all traces of everyone disappeared. Therefore, I just want to use my work to record my traces. At first, I was just looking for something different from the past and recorded in the sketchbook. I wanted to use such traces to prove the passage of time. and Breaking repeated records. I used different materials in the sketchbook to draw the mark of the material itself, such as a plastic bag that was just opened, a used straw, used paper, cotton swabs, etc. I recorded all of these On every page ,but later I found that no matter what kind of record it was, it was a small trace of behavior, and it did not affect the repetition of my entire behavior. I started to change my original thinking. It is no longer to record for special reasons. I want to record even the repetitive traces of each day in my works to prove the passage of time. So I created my new work.

one-off

the whole work

one-off

one-off

some details about the art work