My work named gloomy is a textile design about melting glaciers, which I created using butter paper and resin glue. My work can see as an accessory or a sculpture, consisting of two melting icebergs surrounded by black virus circles. I like to remake ordinary, fragmentary and even old wastes from life into beautiful works of art and redefine their value. My inspiration came from an article about the melting of glaciers releasing ancient viruses. This article describes a possible problem for humanity that goes beyond our current knowledge, and it is mysterious and dangerous. I titled the work gloomy because I wanted to express an emotion of despair, of helplessness. Through this negative rendering, I'm trying to get across that if you expose people to the danger of death, they will fight to survive. You may wonder why the virus is in a circle, it's because, I wanted to express the chain reaction, not only the circles over each other but also the two icebergs connected to each other. This intertwining of them expresses the domino effect in the climate crisis. Furthermore, you can imagine what else this viral circle might be connected.

Gloomy

A textile design about melting glaciers, which I created using butter paper and resin glue.