“Climate change is pulling the sea ice out from under polar bears’ feet, forcing some to swim longer distances to find food and habitat.” ------ Geoff York, a World Wildlife Fund’s Arctic Program polar bear expert “Polar bears are drowning because of the long-distance swimming.” ------ International Bear Association Conference This is happening in the north pole. Polar bears are dying because of global warming. As an illustrator, I think it is my duty to pay tribute to them and make the public aware of the fact that it is not only a climate crisis, but also a life crisis. This project is named ‘Waking Up in A Nightmare’, because for those dying polar bears, the scenario that I portrait is supposed to be their home, not a living nightmare. I want this project to be educational and let the viewers understand clearly what it is about, rather than guessing the meaning behind it. I want to tell their tragic story that we are responsible for.

Waking Up in A Nightmare