The environmental pollution is one of the major causes of this problem. That’s why I chose “pollution” as the theme.And I was inspired by cubism about how to create these pictures.I wanted to use the form of fragmentation, analysis, and recombination to form a separate picture.Thus I chose geometric shapes to represent the subjects, as cold factories, normal houses or melting ice and so on.I compared sharp triangles to chimneys of waste gas, trash floating on the sea or other things. I believe that the straight lines and sharp triangles remind us of the environmental problems we can see everywhere.I chose the soft pastels in the end, which were both like a haze caused by industrial pollution and tiny bits of dust that are present in our lives all the time.I just want to alert people the seriousness of environmental problems which we need to start paying attention now.

the Pollution

sketch