A stone I took from the earth, explores fictional and simulated places, through artificial consciousness. what happens to the virtual traces that remain beyond us? To explore this, I use an AI text generator (that ducts from a sentence the subsequent text from that input), to script a conversation between two monoliths and a formless voice; my abstraction of what would remain on earth. The text generator uses input form chatrooms and comment sections replicating human-like virtual interventions. In this way reproducing the modes in which we live virtually, abstracting ordinary interactions that occur within it. In the performance the monoliths are displayed to replicate a stone circle in the centre of the installation space, all the objects are covered in fabric indicating that they are no longer in use (packed-up). I use the stone circle to comment on past mythologies and their current transformations into different forms of alternative folklore, in a way I borrow from tales and legends to depict a new mysticism one which include technology as the central character. The ground covered in artificial grass, the warm lighting and the natural sounds playing, reference a synthetic yet pastoral image.

A stone I took from the earth.

A stone I took from the earth, explores fictional and simulated places, through artificial consciousness. What happens to the virtual traces that remain beyond us? Will they continue to question ordinary existence without us? To explore this, I use an AI text generator (that ducts from a sentence the subsequent text from that input), to script a conversation between two monoliths and a formless voice; my abstraction of what would remain on earth. The text generator uses input form chatrooms and comment sections replicating human-like virtual interventions. In this way reproducing the modes in which we live virtually, abstracting ordinary interactions that occur within it. (Trailer for projection installation) by Fatima Rodriguez Montañez