My painting practice is heavily influenced by nostalgia. I paint from old family photographs and recent YouTube videos of walking tours of Iran, to create a visual language that ignites the essence of these places. I create pieces that allow me to revisit the memories I have in a tangible way. The paintings below are a represention the three pillars that inform my practice: - Framing the past The past in the form of family photographs; The present - youtube videos of walking tours in Tehran, and my present self imagining the architectural structures of these dwellings have now been destroyed and replaced. I paint photo albums on canvas from old digital photos on my hard drive. They activate the time period for me. I stitch these images that float in cyberspace back together in the form of a photo album. I am referencing the Persian miniature and specifically the framed stories that occur within them.