My work 'Melting Lives' is about a series of hazards caused by global warming. It takes the image of a polar bear. I chose to use the melting qualities of candles as the material for an installation. I also used hard clay and modelling gel to create this work. The work was recorded using video filming. With human over-exploitation. Global warming is affecting not only humans but also animals and plants. Due to the high temperatures the glaciers in the North and South Poles are melting and the creatures in the North and South Poles cannot survive. I wanted to create a work that would touch people's hearts. The lovely animals we see in the North and South Poles are melting away as a result of humans paying for their actions and I hope this will wake people up and make them more aware of global warming. The flames represent global warming caused by humans and the five polar bears represent a family, global warming is not only affecting us but also our future generations. At the end of the video the melted candle represents the irreversibility of global warming. I hope this will make more people visualise the dangers of global warming. I think it was a success, but I want more people to see this work and call for more environmental protection. If I were to do it again I would like to be able to use real ice as a material outside. In this project I tried for the first time to make something with candles and although there were many failures in between I acquired new skills and overcame difficulties which I think is very important.

Melting Life