Humans, because of their own arrogance, may be full of confidence for the future, fantasizing about skyscrapers and even immigrating to other planets. However, we may not have imagined that there is another pessimistic future...... This is a sci-fi comic atlas, revolving around the chain reaction of global warming and melting glaciers triggering rising sea levels. My inspiration comes from my sense of urgency about the future of my hometown, a seaside city, in 100 years, the city I live in may be the first city in the world to be submerged, the ocean will divide the city into lonely islands, separated from each other like stars. Therefore, I tried to adapt the form of existing buildings to survive at sea, using a comic book approach. In the book, you can see buildings as tall as the sky tower, connected with the seabed, which can move and float, containing infrastructure, housing, sky trains and fly machines for travel. As such, my work, which could be seen as an inspiring daydream, is full of comic humor, irony, and impracticality. In my opinion, the deep meaning of the whole project is to awaken a sense of empathy in people that in the past, islands were naturally formed rocks and ice; in the future, every top floor of the building will become the only "island" for human existence. When such a day comes, the sea devours our hometown, how will our world change?

Final Work (The Island City)

Front Cover

Final Work (The Island City)

Pages 02-03, table of contents

Final Work (The Island City)

Pages 04-05, inside pages

Final Work (The Island City)

Pages 06-07, inside pages

Research and Inspiration

Thinking and research on environmental problems in my hometown

Process and Experiment

Photography, manuscripts and structure drawings

Process and Experiment

Deciding on colors, elements and backgrounds