I do some research before I start making works, and I see many artists making installation art about environmental protection and climate crisis. In particular, Benjamin Von and Pozzi made installation art works, both of which used some garbage in the ocean to make installation art. The next step is to gather your own ideas. Therefore, I was deeply inspired by the works made by many artists about color to represent emotional changes. I made a research note that the existing water resources are polluted and filled with all kinds of Marine garbage like the ocean. So I would make some sketches of animals and garbage living together. I used discarded blue film to connect with the shark, and turned it into a collage work. But I haven't figured out what the final product should be at this stage. The general idea is to use the sharp contrast of blue and red and discarded objects to make a painting. Then I drew a rough sketch of the final work. I used watercolor paint and acrylic to draw a simulation work on scratch paper. At this time, I put the whole idea on how to express the relationship between the earth and human beings, and I simulated the whole earth as a crying human being. After research and learning, I found that composite materials are a very good choice for painting, so I chose wet wipes discarded in the kitchen for the work. Those discarded wet wipes are the ones I used to paint other pictures with! I need to do research and constantly try different materials, and I will often change the direction I want to express. In the work, I even tried to use green as the main color to create a more illusory green ocean space. But I feel that it is not shocking to paint with green as a color. So I went in a different direction and thought about how to use blue and red, which are more contrasting colors, and then use them in my work. These two colors are the most common colors in life, originating from the sky and the sea, and they are the most attractive colors.

The Crying Earth