I have always followed forest fire incidents, especially Australia's forest fires in 2019. I want to support this through art. The title of the work is "Silver Lining", which means that although some things are not pleasant, good things will happen eventually. In my research, I found that fire has many meanings, the first one is danger, and the second is hope. In the process of researching hope, I know a traditional festival called the Lantern Festival in Taiwan. People will fly sky lanterns to pray for blessings and make wishes for what they want. For me, sky lanterns symbolize hope and love, and therefore I want to combine the elements of Australian fire and the Lantern Festival to create artworks. To experiment with the seemingly different meanings of the two, and to find possibilities in contradictions. In addition, I used cardboard to create the mottled feeling of the building, like a piece of wood after a fire. Then, I cut a small hole in the middle of the board and put in a small lantern made of the plastic plate. I wrote 'Team' and 'love' on the lantern. In the art interaction, I put the sculpture on the door, so when someone opens the door, the wind will blow the small lantern in the middle of the wooden board, which can remind everyone of the importance of teamwork and love. If I have a chance, I would like to study more about the process of the fires in Australia, to understand how medical personnel deal with injured people and animals. I hope it's not just putting art in an art gallery, it's like art therapy. Art can interact with more people.

Silver Lining

Although some things are not pleasant, good things will happen eventually. When someone opens the door, the wind will blow the small lantern in the middle of the wooden board, which can remind everyone of the importance of teamwork and love.

Silver Lining

Silver Lining

Silver Lining