Climate Crisis project This is an art installation composed of plastic water pipes wrapped in, and surrounded by, degradable plastic which I made. ​ Its content focuses on over-consumption in cities, which leads to the problem of climate change and water shortage, but also plastic pollution in oceans. The water pipe represents the plumbing and roads of the city, while the different colours of plastic wrapping convey the seriousness, and different degrees of plastic pollution.​ To make degradable plastics, I used food coloring, gelatin powder and plastic foam paper and followed instructions I found on the Internet. I choose degradable plastics mainly because if more people used sustainable material for design, it could reduce the rate of global warming and other environmental damage, but also because its bright colors and strong visual effects will attract people’s attention and raise awareness of the problems.

Molded1

Overall diagram

Molded2

Detail drawing1

Molded3

Detail drawing2