I had to identify a fashion subculture and research the history, people, movements as well as the social and political cultures connected to that subculture. Thereafter, I was asked to produce three styled looks in response to my chosen subculture, giving consideration and attention to structure, silhouette, accessories and details, using my fashion research to realise a new contemporary vision. I was very mindful to avoid replicating an easily recognisable punk look, so I interjected punk references with ideas around androgyny and gender-bending in order to create a more contemporary and fresh visual language. I know that punk did play with notions of gender and sexuality, but I sought to do it in a more pronounced way than perhaps was done in the 70’s. By so doing, I also added some of my personal aesthetic into my looks; that being a finely balanced combination of choice menswear and womenswear that compliments/enhances the male figure. Daniel (top left) wears: bottom Tee TERRORIST, top Tee Unplugged, pants Dirk Bikkembergs, belt around neck Dirk Bikkembergs, trainers PUMA by Hussein Chalayan. Daniel (top right) wears: jumper Comme des Garçons, jumper around waist, DIOR, skirt & Other Stories, sandals Dirk Bikkembergs, harness beneath jumper and dog collar from my archive. Behind Daniel, I wear: coat Laitinen, skirt XWYZ, shoes Dirk Bikkembergs. Daniel (bottom) wears: shirt PRADA, jumper Dirk Bikkembergs, skirt John Tyoran, sandals Dirk Bikkembergs. Photographer: Elliot Denman.