Using ancient myths to talk about modern masculinity while questioning the validity of limited views of masculinity, Ode to the Centaur is a queer fashion film that poetically narrates the new masculinity. The short film explores the representation of the centaur in mythology based on the mythology of different systems in the world. In order to find his inner lost masculinity, the horse-headed character interacts with different types of male centaurs and finally finds his identity. As a queer Chinese artist, I think about cultural responsibility and identity in the context of 3D space and new technological means, strengthening my awareness and attention to the queer community. Following the queer morphology and digital spirit, I want to deconstruct the stereotypical male identity with the new fashion narrative to understand the transcendence of culture, gender, and species.

Ode to the Centaur