I explored the Expanded notion of Painting through assemblages of found objects from Wilson Road's car park. The man-made materials become weathered and natural outside - turning them into sculptures was an eco-friendly process. I worked intuitively, often stacking the objects and fitting together forms of different materials. Hernan Ardila Delgado similarly stacked elongated forms. Different materials were sandwiched; the sensitive use of transparent, ghostly glass on top of mirror was particularly intriguing. The forms were balanced; there is a rawness and delicacy to the sculptures being able to come apart. I noticed similarities with Matthew Ronay's 'The Kernel' in that the pieces formed a pinnacle, getting smaller in size as the wood fits together. Colour is important in my sculptures; it brings out the separate forms which come together to form the sculptural whole. Matthew Ronay used wooden, vividly coloured balanced forms mimicking plasticine. A gooey stone I used in my sculpture reminded me of Ron Nagle's playful yet stylish soft forms. I am interested in Surrealism; I find it interesting how the abstract forms come together and get interpreted by the mind. All of my sculptures can fit in the palm of my hand creating an intimacy and relatability.

Untitled 1

3 March 9.9x5.3cms Metal, painted wood, rubber, glass, stone. On my Foundation I explored the Expanded notion of Painting through assemblages of found objects from Wilson Road's car park. I liked how the man-made materials became weathered and natural outside. Most of the materials used to be part of a larger whole but have been broken apart outside by the elements. This sculpture demonstrates the process of stacking and fitting together different materials. This piece reminded me of Hernan Ardila Delgado’s sculptures.

Untitled 2

3 March 6.7x5.7cms Cork, plastic, stone glass, slate. This playful sculpture demonstrates the sense of balance which is used in all of my sculptures. I feel there is a rawness to the sculptures being able to fall and come apart. I find it satisfying how the glass sits perfectly on the flat slate. The neon pink draws the eye up to the pinnacle. I noticed similarities with Matthew Ronay's 'The Kernel' in that the pieces formed a pinnacle, getting smaller in size as the wood fits together.

Untitled 3

8 January 12.4x6.4cms Painted brick, plastic, stone. This was my first sculpture, inspired by the colours used in Vermeer and Beuckelaer’s paintings. I liked the surreal uneven shape of the eroded brick and the bold simplicity of the piece. The colours contrast to stand out. This sculpture was the turning point in my work where I moved from painting and drawing to sculpture. By chance the piece of plastic I found in the bottom of my bag perfectly fitted onto the brick, beginning an exploration into found objects fitted together. This was my first assemblage.