Rising from Ruins #SteveElmesgroup2#ClimateCrisis2024

My project revolves around environmental sustainability and the power of building waste. Inspired by environmental artist El Anatsui and my experiences with construction pollution, I responded to the climate crisis by reusing construction waste, emphasizing the regeneration of nature under human influence. In Rising from Ruins, I used recycled concrete and broken glass to create a plant frame, adding tree elements to express the contrast between the ruins and the rebirth. It is hoped that the audience will understand that even construction waste, which is often seen as useless, can be given new life. By exploring material reuse and emphasizing narratives of memory and change, I aim to provoke reflection and inspire action towards a more sustainable future.

My project revolves around environmental sustainability and the power of building waste. Inspired by environmental artist El Anatsui and my experiences with construction pollution, I responded to the climate crisis by reusing construction waste, emphasizing the regeneration of nature under human influence.
In Rising from Ruins, I used recycled concrete and broken glass to create a plant frame, adding tree elements to express the contrast between the ruins and the rebirth. It is hoped that the audience will understand that even construction waste, which is often seen as useless, can be given new life.
By exploring material reuse and emphasizing narratives of memory and change, I aim to provoke reflection and inspire action towards a more sustainable future.

Rising from Ruins