#ClimateCrisis2024 #DennisMurphy #Pure natural game

My artistic practice explores the connection between natural play and the climate crisis, aiming to reconnect people with nature through interactive installations. By recreating sensory experiences from traditional outdoor games, I seek to highlight the impact of environmental degradation.  In my project, participants wave a magic wand that simulates the hand movements from five games—catching butterflies, skipping stones, flying kites, playing with bamboo dragonflies, and using slingshots—to trigger sensory and auditory effects on a mica wall to simulate the sensory experience of real natural games. The installation combines sustainable materials like mica and branches with interactive technology, emphasizing both environmental consciousness and sensory engagement. This work encourages viewers to reflect on the urgent need for climate action, blending art and advocacy to create meaningful, immersive experiences.

Pure natural game

Experience the game