Vicious Circle #ClimateCrisis2024#GavinBloor

The name of my project is ‘Vicious Circle’, which is an illustration about marine pollution. Marine pollution, such as nuclear and oil pollution, is becoming more and more serious, which not only leads to the mutation and death of marine organisms, but also acidifies the oceans, which further aggravates the warming of the climate and leads to the climate crisis.

Therefore, I made this 20cm X 20cm oil stick illustration with a quadrangular continuous pattern. The main body of the illustration is three ‘people’ affected by marine pollution, and their faces show the repercussions of the polluted marine environment. The mutated organs of fish are growing from their bodies, and at the same time, the extreme climate is destroying their homes. Through my work, I hope to bring attention to marine pollution. If we don't stop these polluting behaviours, this illustration may be the future of mankind.

Yiqi Wu.pdf