#ClimateCrisis2024 #MaryThompson -Light up Streets-Sea level rise

My name is Jinrong Xiao, and my art aims to raise public awareness of climate change. I believe that art has the power to transcend language and cultural barriers, directly touching the hearts of the audience. In my work, I draw inspiration from the artist Katie Paterson, who uses everyday objects to evoke public responses to global warming. Influenced by her, I utilize the changing colors of streetlights to represent the speed of sea-level rise. My goal is for the audience to unconsciously recognize the connection between their lifestyle and the climate crisis. Through this work, I hope to remind the audience of the ongoing environmental crisis in their daily lives, encouraging them to become more aware and take action. Looking forward, I aim to further explore how art and design can drive public engagement with environmental issues in my future work.

My name is Jinrong Xiao, and my art aims to raise public awareness of climate change. I believe that art has the power to transcend language and cultural barriers, directly touching the hearts of the audience.

In my work, I draw inspiration from the artist Katie Paterson, who uses everyday objects to evoke public responses to global warming. Influenced by her, I utilize the changing colors of streetlights to represent the speed of sea-level rise. My goal is for the audience to unconsciously recognize the connection between their lifestyle and the climate crisis.

Through this work, I hope to remind the audience of the ongoing environmental crisis in their daily lives, encouraging them to become more aware and take action. Looking forward, I aim to further explore how art and design can drive public engagement with environmental issues in my future work.

Light up Streets-Sea level rise

How do we create relevant art installations in the city?