#Denim water pollution #ClimateCrisis2024 #Nicolle Oshinowo #Group18

Water pollution in the prodution of denim

水污染.pptxn.pptx1.pptxfi.pptxfinal.pdf

I explore the environmental impact of the fashion industry, specifically the production of denim. Inspired by the documentary ‘The Price of Jeans’ and the work of artist Ian Berry, who created artwork using old denim.

My research, I experiments with indigo dye and observed its effects on water and the environment. These investigations led me to create wearable art from repurposed denim clothing, such as bags and ties.Through my work, I aim not only to raise awareness of the urgent need for sustainable practices in the fashion industry, but also to inspire critical thinking about our current consumption habits and their devastating impact on the environment.

In creating these works, I would like the viewer to think about the relationship between human consumption and ecological impact. Each piece demonstrates the potential for positive change and calls for more innovative design and mindful consumption patterns.Viewers should reflect on their own contributions and consider how to foster a more sustainable future.