My job is to combine traditional Chinese ink painting, photography, and postproduction software to create a visual image with storytelling. These images are my reflection on the relationship between continuous ocean pollution and human behavior.

My work explores the connection between ocean pollution and emotions. The stories of various organisms coexisting in the Bohai Sea region in the "Classic of Mountains and Seas" have made me think more deeply about the harm of marine pollution, and I have created two photographic works called "Rebirth".
I used a layered approach of painting, photography, and postproduction to depict the color changes in the environment and the changes in animal states. I use the red and blue oceans to represent changes in the environment and emotions. I want to use these changes to express my complex emotions towards ocean pollution and also signify a rebirth. I convey this strong emotion to the audience in this way and reflect on their behavior.

Rebirth #ClimateCrisis2024 #SteveElmesgroup2