I believe that visual communication is an effective method for conveying inspiration, ideas, information and emotions. My independent project aims to draw attention to wildfires as part of the non-neglectable climate crisis. I tend to use a compelling visual language in order to achieve this in a way that is both subtle and impactful. I chose to utilise the weaving process as a means of further enhancing the visual appeal of my work by changing the colours of the woven threads and stitching them together into blocks of colour to create the visual effect of a spreading wildfire and ultimately creating a sustainable, eco-friendly shopping bag. The objective of this design is to reduce the carbon footprint of the fashion industry, which is currently dominated by excessive packaging. Furthermore, it is my intention to promote the heritage of traditional craftsmanship and the sustainability of the fashion industry.

Sketchbook about my woven packaging

Weaving Process

Posters of my woven packaging

An eco-friendly and multifunctional package