#ClimateCrisis2024 #Nicolle Oshinowo #Greenwashing Group18-Xinyun Xu-Greenwashing

My project explored the impact of Greenwashing on the fashion industry and the environment. While the fast fashion industry won the favor of the public through sustainable marketing, it failed to make up for the huge waste, but only hid the harm of the brand's wasteful behavior on the environment, resulting in "greenwashing". Through case studies, questionnaires, and field visits, I have explored the fast fashion market that pursues profit without regard for the environment, and found that greenwashing will not only cover up the brand's huge waste behavior and environmental harm, but also promote consumerism. After the end of this project, I deeply reflected on the mistakes I made in the establishment of the brand. When thinking about the sustainable development plan, I should first think about whether the plan really makes the brand environmentally friendly.

Group18_Xinyun Xu_ Check Summative brief.pdf