In my work 'Aftermath', I researched the negative impacts of the climate crisis on the Earth's ecology and ocean. The ocean is an indispensable part of the entire ecological environment, but, with the advent of the glacial melting and the continuous increase with severe weather will ultimately lead to irreversible sea level rise. Therefore, the goal of my project is to raise public awareness of the threaten caused by the climate crisis. Through depicting scenes of cities being submerged by the ocean, to appeal the people to protect our earth. In the entire poster, my creative style was inspired by artwork of artist Salvatore. I used many abstract lines to outline the image part of the poster, not only increasing visual impact but also showing the destructive power of the ocean. As well as the architectural elements in the image are constantly implicit conveying my theme of poster. Furthermore, the text of poster I also used the effect of waves to add visual effect. But I tried to minimize the necessity of text, allowing the audience more space to thinking and promoting reflection with two different perspectives of climate crisis and environmental protection.

Ocean flooding cities