My name is Angelina and the project I want to create is an installation about global warming and social inequality. I was inspired by the news that rich people travelling on private jets emit millions of times more carbon dioxide than the average person, and that poor people have to bear the brunt of environmental pollution. The installation is made of iron frames and wires of different thicknesses connected into overlapping and interlocking circles, symbolising the polluted atmosphere, with a light sphere in the centre representing the warming of the earth due to global warming. Different coloured gemstones are used to symbolise different classes, expressing social inequality. Inspired by Alexander Calder's dynamic sculptures, the work shows balance in fragility. It is hoped that the work will stimulate people to think about environmental and social issues, calling on the rich to pay attention to low-carbon travelling and resource conservation, as well as advocating ordinary people to pay attention to environmental protection.

Group-PDF-Export.pdf