I am particularly fond of the neoclassical art style, it means revival. Modern society is fast-paced, which robs us of some depth. I hope to bring people back to contemplation through the solemnity of classicism.

My project ‘Melting countdown’ is a visual piece. I've visualized the impact of rising temperatures on humans, Exaggerating people's discomfort in hot weather. To be a warning, draw attention to the issue of global warming and rising urban temperatures.

I choose candle to be the main materials of this project, because candle is a great medium to demonstrate the rise in temperature. And I designed the shape of this work as a shouting person, which I believe represents the helpless cry and sorrow of humanity in the face of natural disasters. And the wax wick is in the shape of a tree, to represent nature. Thus, as the candle is lit and the tree burns, the person gradually melts.

#ClimateCrisis2024 #StuartPrice