My work was committed to explore the vision of harmony between humans and the ocean and the creating impactful solutions. Due to global warming, I realized that the coastal phenomenon in my hometown,”blue tears”, leading to harmful red tides during the day while the UK’s largest lake has reoccurred problematic algal blooms. Some companies claim to use algae blooms to purify the air and be convert into shoes. This inspired me to use them to create sustainable bio-fabric. The cobalt blue fabric was chosen for the final product as it is soft and tear-resistant. To merge art with environmental consciousness, I incorporated computer programming to simulate the blue light with the undulations of the waves.The purpose of this project is to create an original installation that triggers reflections on ecological and environmental issues.

Sea Sparkles

I incorporated computer programming to simulate the blue light with the undulations of the waves.