The problem of environmental pollution is becoming more and more serious worldwide, especially in the ocean, which poses a great threat to the health and sustainable development of human society. This is a work that speaks out for environmental protection, and it is called Degradation, a group of photographs that expresses the pollution of marine plastics.

I believe that my artistic values emphasise, firstly, the artistry of the work and its formal techniques and, secondly, the expression of beauty, emotion and meaning. Firstly, I am a person who respects and loves the ocean very much, and secondly, I feel dissatisfied and bad about the large amount of plastic waste that pollutes the ocean. So I wanted to create a photography that both reflects the role of humans in environmental degradation and explores how we can co-exist with the environment. While it is visually appealing to the viewer, it also provokes a deeper reflection on the relationship between human behaviour and the environment.

Although plastic pollution is a serious and boring topic in our daily lives, I hope my work can make this topic interesting, which is also in line with my artistic value to ensure the artwork is artistic. I used cold colours and simple composition to make it look beautiful but full of weirdness and pain, and I also used plastic to make the model's tutu to make her look elegant but suffocating, to express the meaning of my work with a sense of beauty full of contradiction and conflict to trigger the viewer's imagination and thoughts.