A walking performance on the land of the Arvanitika people in Attica, Greece. Responding to extractivism with the participation of human and non-human actors. A project of visceral encounter feeling a sense of connectedness and healing.

"will you take me to the mountain, tomorrow?"

A walking performance on the land of the Arvanitika people. Responding to extractivism with the participation of human and non-human actors. According to Pierre Bourdieu, an intercultural field is a relational field with both the physical and the symbolic space of performance. It enables and enforces shared cultural practices and symbolic meanings through intercultural dialogues. There is hope I am grateful for my remote collaborators:- The land of Aspropyrgos for allowing me to walk and touch- The farmers of Aspropyrgos for their generosity and sharing- The community in Aspropyrgos telling the story of Arvanitika, an endangered Indigenous oral language- Emilia Bouriti for bringing us together in Aspropyrgos and for helping to translate English words into Arvanitika and Greek- The ants telling their storyfilmed and screened for the public in Aspropyrgos, July 2023(c) 2023-4, Stefan J Schaffeld

Warning: contains flashing images